Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Flowers of Hope

I've shared before how our garden has been a source of hope and encouragement for us. It has become this present and daily reminder of God's grace and God's redemption in our lives. So today, we were overjoyed when our peony (a lovely gift from Debbie) finally opened!

The truly amazing thing about this peony is that we have had it for nearly four years now, and it has never bloomed! Never! I guess some plants like peonies take a few years to settle in and finally flower. And so, to have it blooming now, and to have it with not one but two buds is just more than I can handle. (Remember, I'm overdosed on hormones over here...anything makes me cry!)

I've prayed that God would allow me to remain hopeful and positive. What a gift today!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really crazy that you got that 4 years ago - the same time you started fertility treatments - and that there are two! I LOVE peonies I wish I could grow them here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love peonies -- wish they would grow for you! Yeah, the timing for these blooms is pretty nuts.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love this sweet gift from God!! :-) Oh how He loves us, enough to make peonies bloom at the perfect time to bring you hope and encouragement! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Couldn't have been a more perfect time!

      Delete
  3. That's so awesome your peony decided now is the time to bloom! I hope it's a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome - I love peonies!! God is so so so good! and the hormone comment did make me laugh ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yeah, you gotta love progesterone suppositories and estrogen patches!!!

      Delete