Saturday, April 27, 2013

IVF Meds {4}

This is the last post on IVF medications. After my final injection, I only had to worry about pills, patches, and suppositories. That's a little easier to manage than a self-administered shot!

After the aspiration and transfer, I took the antibiotic Erythromycin (which always makes me nauseated!) and Medrol, a steroid, for four days. The day after the aspiration, I began the progesterone suppositories (Crinone and Prometrium) in the morning and before bed. Lastly, I stuck on my Vivelle Dot Patch (Estradiol). I'll continue these along with vitamins, baby aspirin, and Ovomax (a DHEA supplement) until told to stop.

What do these do to me? I become a hormonal crazy person. I also am constantly sick to my stomach and super fatigued. Yes, I'm a bowl of fun these days. Who wants to hang out? :)

4 comments:

  1. lol! I hope this is only the beginning of 9 months of crazy, hormonal Candace! And yes, I would like to hang out- we can be crazy together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Steph, yeah I hope so, too! Okay, let's plan something!

      Delete
  2. haha ditto to Stephanie's comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just stumbled upon your blog. I am curious as to when they told you to stop taking DHEA? My office told me to continue even though bfp and beta. Thanks

    ReplyDelete