Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Long Wait: Day 5

I basically have one thing (or is it two things?) consuming my thoughts. That being said, I wanted to see images of what these little embryos could potentially look like. I found this video on YouTube. So amazing to see the changes that take place in even five days!

At approximately day 5 (sometimes a day or two later), the embryo is called a blastocyst because of how it has changed. At this point, a greater chance exists for the embryos to continue growing and implant. This is why transferring a blastocyst has a higher success rate. But for us, that wasn't an option. We only had two, and one wasn't even dividing as well as it should, so we needed them in soon! The hope is that they will do better with me. I'd like to think so :)

You can check out the video here.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, there's a reason pregnancy is counted in weeks...one week makes a HUGE difference. Glory to God that such a tiny collection of cells turns into a you and me - Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I have such a greater appreciation of the miracles you and I (and everyone else, of course) are! How does that (pointing to the picture above) turn into this (pointing to myself)? It is unbelievable and the greatest reason for the existence of a brilliant and beautiful Creator!

      Delete