Saturday, April 20, 2013

Two are waiting :)

On Friday morning, I went to the hospital for my egg aspiration (retrieval). This is an ultrasound-guided trans-vaginal "surgery" where the follicles (and therefore eggs) are removed from the body. If you recall, I had three decent and two dinky follicles at my Wednesday ultrasound. On Friday, they were able to get all five out! Amazing!

This afternoon, we found out the result of the retrieval and fertilization. Out of the five eggs, only four of them were mature, and two of them were able to be fertilized! I know that compared to other couples going through IVF, this isn't many. But for us, it's great news. Both of our little embryos will be placed inside my uterus tomorrow morning. We hope and pray that both continue to grow and make a happy home with me.

This day has been a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. One minute I'm smiling, the next I'm crying, the next I'm in total shock about the fact that OUR embryos are hanging out in Clovis at this very moment. More than anything, I want them to live. I desperately want them to live. I love them already...could that be possible?...and I want them with me.

You have all prayed fervently. Please persist in your prayers and bring our plea before the Almighty.

8 comments:

  1. So excited that you get to pick up your babies tomorrow!! Welcome to motherhood, and Lord willing, a lifetime of praying for and worrying about these two precious little ones!!! May He continue to work miracles on your behalf, tomorrow, and in the months to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, thank you so much! I love your comments because they are so clearly from one who has gone through this! I so appreciate your prayers and support!

      Delete
  2. Candace- I have taken a back seat in following your blog, but not ever posting anything. Just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and Rob. You pop into my mind often and I when you do I always sit and say a prayer. I can't imagine going through this journey, but your words are always so heartfelt and encouraging. I'm excited to see what happens next and pray that those babies stay safe and grow healthy in you!! Praying, praying, praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! Wow, it it is amazing for me to hear that you pray for us! Thank you, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I started to tear up when you said you love them already... totally possible! Praying that this is IT for you guys, that you will have your littles nestle in and make the long haul with you. Praying for a healthy, LONG pregnancy :) Praying I soon get to love your littles as much as you love ours! Love you, friend! Take care of yourself, call if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steph :) This means a lot to me!

      Delete
  4. oh man this is all happening so fast! praying this is still just the beginning of a looong 9 months for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always we are praying and hoping your little ones will make the safe travel and this will be an end and a beginning for you and Rob. Love you kiddos!

    ReplyDelete