Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I know that He is for me.

I've been singing this song lately, reminding myself that God is for me. We have truly felt peace in our hearts, but the sorrow still lingers at times. Robby says the hardest part is remembering just how happy we were that first week. He's so right - we were ecstatic. I had said I would enjoy the moments and experiences God was graciously giving us, and we did. It's difficult not to wish those days back. Such joy. Such hope. But I know that God is the giver of joy and the giver of hope, and He will fill our hearts again. He is for us -- isn't that something?

I know that you are for me,
I know that you are for me,
I know that you will never forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that you have come now
even if to write upon my heart
to remind me who You are.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that song!! I've cried my way through it many times. Such a wonderful reminder that no matter how big our hurt, HE is still for us... He is still there with us... He still has an amazing plan. Continuing to pray for healing for you guys. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song, great lyrics, great singer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and wanted to say that I'm deeply touched by your story. I love your faithfulness to God throughout heartache, that is a true testimony to your character and to Christ's work in you. I will be praying for you both during this difficult time!

    ReplyDelete