Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thank you, God

I am amazed how God brings people into our lives. This past weekend, I had lunch with a (somewhat new) friend from church, a younger girl who has helped me with children's music. While meeting to just catch up and talk about next year's music, we began to share a bit together. This girl's story is amazing and includes over 10 painful years of wrong diagnosis and treatment of a very severe case of endometriosis. Within the last two years, she was finally correctly diagnosed, had a laparoscopy among other treatments, and is the best she has ever been. I was able to share with her my infertility journey and what the next steps for me are. Together, we talked about our fears, our frustrations, even the hit on our femininity we have felt. It was comforting, encouraging, freeing, a true gift from God, and I thank Him for that.

1 comment:

  1. That is so freaking awesome! What are the odds that you meet this girl now. God truly does know what we need, when we need it.

    ReplyDelete