Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pray for Healing

This past Sunday night, the worship team at our church led the music for a combined church service that culminated our study of Jonah. Although I hadn't planned on it, I became the impromptu pianist for a prayer session. While everyone in the church was praying in small groups, I was up in front playing music and praying to myself. There were four different prayer foci. At one point, the pastor leading the time came up to me and asked if I would like to pray with him. He started praying for healing, healing of lives and specifically healing of bodies. The thing is, that was not the prayer topic. As he was finishing, I double checked, and sure enough, he had been praying for something that wasn't even on our prayer points. I knew that God had led Him to pray that with me, so I could join Him and be reminded that our God is a God of healing. I am just one person out of millions who needs healing, and only our God can accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment