Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Time to deal

This summer has been a busy one for us. I suppose our summers are always busy, but I think this one takes the cake. I realized that from June 5 to July 31st, I was out of town half of those days. Besides making me tired, this has also made it very easy to put out of my mind any subjects I don't want to deal with. Guess what's first on that list?

So, the busy-ness is over, and there is now lots of time. The little things that came up over the summer are now coming to the surface: dealing with the painful cysts (again), more friends having babies, people talking about adoption and foster care. It seems just when I think I've "conquered" (I use that term very loosely) an issue or fear, it comes up in a new way, and God has to teach and heal me all over again.

Funny. As I wrote that last line, I could feel God say to me, "Exactly." I suppose my view of "conquering" is quite different from God's. He's not okay with me getting by; He's not okay with me stuffing things away; He's definitely not okay with me being so busy I don't have to deal with anything. He wants to teach and heal me...again and again and again.

Here we go again, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment