Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Here we go again!

It's been nearly five weeks since the surgery. Amazing! I am on Day 3 on my new cycle, so this morning we headed to the doctor to find out how things look and if/when I can start treatment. Besides feeling like a guinea pig for the new ultrasound machine at the office (along with Robby and me, there were three other people in a tiny closet sized room learning how to use the machine), things went pretty normal. There was one cyst on my left ovary that my doctor was a bit concerned about, mostly because it's larger than what he would like to see. The good news is it doesn't appear to be an endometrioma, but just a regular fluid-filled cyst. This does mean that this cycle of treatment is going to be less aggressive, which is fine by me. Instead of taking 100 or 150 mg of Clomid a day for five days, I am only taking 50 (one pill). I'll go in next Wednesday for another look. If things appear to have gone well and I produce good follicles, I should be able to do the Ovidrel injection that night and have the IUI within the next couple days.

Thanks for your prayer and concern today!

No comments:

Post a Comment