Saturday, February 26, 2011

Distractions please!

Last Saturday was my IUI, so one week down, one week to go before we get to see if it was successful or not. We felt really good about the procedure, especially the timing. We were so glad that the office was open on Saturday, as waiting until Monday just didn't seem to be an option.

I spent the last week visiting Kelly, which proved to be a wonderful and fun distraction. However, all good distractions must come to an end, so on my way home, the pain game began. Many people have told me not to stress too much when I feel cramping, but it is really hard not to do that. If there is any positive thing that has come from going through this infertility struggle, it is that I have learned about my body very well. I know every twinge, cramp, and bloat. I know the difference between ovulation pain and pms, regular cramps and progesterone-induced cramps. As much as I want to believe that this pain could be related to a pregnancy and not a menstrual cycle, I can't. The only thing I can do is distract myself from the cramps, so I can get through this week without melting down prematurely.

It seems the word "distraction" always connotes something negative, but sometimes, distractions can be positive. Distractions can force us to stop thinking about ourselves and our situations for a moment and focus on someone or something else. This week, then, I'm welcoming the distractions! I want to sew and think about the person for whom I'm sewing, play piano and sing, spend time with family and friends, get out of the house, read a good book, and do anything else that happens to come my way. As long as I allow God to be some of my distraction, I'm pretty sure He is all right with it this week :)

Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers. I know many of you are right there with us, waiting impatiently to find out if this month is the month. The burden of this struggle has been lightened because of you and your love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment