Thursday, January 13, 2011

Results and Recovery

Yesterday morning was my laparoscopy, so I thought I'd quickly update everyone on how it went. I actually didn't get a chance to talk to the doctor, but he spoke with Robby who took great notes and passed the info on to me.

The doctor found that I did have endometriosis, Stage 3 out of 4. The endometriosis had caused my ovaries to be immobilized, making them stuck to my abdominal wall. The doctor also removed a large cyst on my right ovary. They did check my fallopian tubes and saw that they were both clear, and now, thanks to the surgery, everything looks much better! The doctor said that no doubt this was causing my infertility. Unfortunately, because the endometriosis was Stage 3, it will come back. So that means we need to have our baby soon!

My experience at the hospital was very good. We were quickly admitted, and even though the surgery itself ran a little behind schedule, I was impressed with the nurses and doctors. I have to say the whole experience of being wheeled into an operating room was a bit nerve-racking, especially as I wasn't expecting that many people in there, but before I knew it, I was off in twilight-land. The strangest part was waking up because my body was shaking uncontrollably and the pain in my abdomen was strong. It didn't take long for them to give me something to help, though.

As far as my recovery at home, it has been good. I do have pain, but I can take pain medication every four hours, so it's keeping me fairly comfortable. I can't really walk or move too much since it hurts my abdomen, but my wonderful husband is taking care of me. My mom and Carly also spent a few hours with me last night and will be back again.

I so appreciated all of the texts, calls, e-mails, and (of course) prayers. It was amazing to know that so many people were thinking of us and praying for us. Thank you so much!

I think it's still settling in that this has really happened, and that this has made it possible for us to get pregnant. I can't quite believe it, but I love the hope I feel inside of me again.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is crazy- your poor ovaries had no chance with all of that happening! Glad things went well- I've been thinking about you a lot and praying for you like crazy! It's so exciting to think that this could be the solution and babies could be in your immediate future!! Hope you feel better and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete